Monday 2 September 2013

Bicycle Ride to Sangam


The concourse was towards Sangam, the place of confluence of River Arkavati & River Kaveri, about 40 kms away from Kanakapura and about 85 kms from Bangalore on 25 th of August 2013. 






While me and Santosh were having lunch by the side of the river others had already started heading back towards Bangalore which was a quite stiff climb right after the Sangam base point. But we two decided to take it easy and enjoy the day and feel good about the journey we just had made of 85 kms. 

Bangalore to Kanakapura ride was kind of good as most of the part was downward slope and little bit of rolling along with little bit of rain. We had a good breakfast at Harohally, around 30 kms from Bangalore. And took a group photo after that. 



The next meeting point was Kanakapura, 30 kms from Harohally. After taking the diversion from Kanakapura town towards Sangam, suddenly the road vanished due to some repair work for a kilometre or so and after that the entire stretch was good. 



And all the undulations started coming on the way which totally slowed me down and my only companion was Santosh as all others had gone quite fast along with Anil and I decided not to try to catch up with them, rather enjoy the beauty of nature which was slowly unfolding. 



The sky was bright blue, horizon was clear with lovely mountain range, paddy fields are green and the terrain was just in order. 



I took frequent pit stops. In some occasions 'it' were replaced by 'ee' in the word 'pit'. 



Refueled with my energy bar 'chikki' and water and take a deep breathe in the lap of clean nature. 



Lots of local people were joining me for a short distance ride way back to their villages, had  small chats with them. Smell of the soil which was so refreshing and the vista in front was so welcoming.
 


My bike also wanted to take a break. 



Finally the superb downhill for last 10 kms came and riding downhill for the first time was so much of fun, it felt like a free fall through multiple hair-pin bends. And finally I was there at Sangam. 



On the way back me and Santosh did not ride till Harohally and again started riding back to Bangalore from Kagalipura. When I reached my start point by around 5.30 pm, my cyclocomp was happy to score its second century !

But the road to Sangam was still vibrant in my mind ! What an amazing ride it was ! And the credit goes to my friend Hari for finding it and Anil for getting us together to go for the ride !














1 comment:

  1. Suman,

    Nice ride report....a good refreshing memory reading it, so true nature and surroundings was at its best. No doubt road was good too, happy to ride with you.
    anil s kadsur

    ReplyDelete